Join Our Work To Return The Ozark Chinquapin
The Ozark Chinquapin Foundation (OCF) is a volunteer driven, 501C3 non-profit organization dedicated to restoring the Ozark chinquapin to the woodlands and forests of the south-central United States as a mature, seed producing tree species. We are working to establish a viable seed base through research and manual cross-pollination of surviving trees to develop a 100% pure Ozark chinquapin that can reproduce and thrive in our forests.
Your donations go towards :
- Supplies and materials
- Research & Restoration Projects
- Preserving genetics through cross-pollination and trans-locating seed within native range to ensure genetic diversity
- Utilizing science in genetics and hypovirulence
- Raising public awareness through education and promote OC restoration through local and state cooperators
- Dedicated field work
- Establishment of a tree database and several test farms
- Making seed available to the public for reintroduction
Thank you for your support!
The OCF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation and your contribution is tax-deductible as allowed by law.
When you make a donation of $300 or more, we will send you an Ozark Chinquapin hat with your seed as a gift of gratitude!
To Donate By Mail
Send a check payable to the Ozark Chinquapin Foundation:
Ozark Chinquapin Foundation
PO BOX 96
Purdy, MO 65734